APERS Services Update
Click here for a PDF version of this page.
Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 has affected the way many of us obtain information and services. Your retirement needs haven’t changed, and we are committed to providing you with the services that you need even if we change the way that we provide them to keep you and our employees safe. Below are the information and services that you can obtain:
- Obtain information, make changes, or submit requests for your retirement account through the member self-service (MSS) portal which is available 24/7. MSS allows you to perform several tasks including review and update beneficiaries, check your contribution balance, verify your service credit, request to establish reciprocal service, and apply for benefits.
- Prepare a benefit estimate using the member self-service (MSS) portal or request that we prepare a benefit estimate for you.
- Request forms and applications be mailed to you.
- Drop off forms and applications at our office.
- Obtain individual counseling by appointment using telephone or video conferencing (ex: Zoom).
- Learn about your benefits by attending a webinar. Review the Retirement Education page of our website for a list of webinar topics and a schedule.
For any information or service that you do not obtain through MSS, you can contact our Call Center at (800) 682-7377 for assistance.
If you visit our office to drop off forms, please expect to comply with the following CDC guidance:
- Stay home if you have or think you have symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between you and others.
- Wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer that we provide.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
We also recommend that you wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
In preparation for your visit, we take the following measures:
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Limit the number of visitors in our office at the same time.
- Require our employees to stay home if: they have symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19, been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, or have sick family members.
- Require our employees to wear a mask.
- Recommend that our employees to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between them and others.
- Encourage our employees to wash their hands frequently or use hand sanitizer that we provide.
- Encourage our employees to get a vaccine.