How to Request a Duplicate 1099-R

The week of January 22-26, APERS mailed an IRS form 1099-R to all members who received taxable income from us during 2017. This includes benefit payments to retirees, disability retirees, survivors, and beneficiaries as well as termination refunds and other lump-sum payments.  Members and other recipients will need these forms for their 2017 tax returns.

If you received taxable income from APERS last year but you haven't gotten your 1099-R, we can supply you with a duplicate.  You can download a copy from your account on the APERS member's portal, which you can access via the "Login: Members" link at the top right panel of any page on this website.  If you don't already have an account there, you will need to create one using your APERS member ID number, which is printed on the Benefits Statement you received earlier this month.  You can also call APERS for your ID number (501-682-7800 in Pulaski County or 800-682-7377 toll free).

If you would like us to mail you another printed copy, you will need to call and ask us to send you a 1099 duplicate request form, which you will sign and mail back to us.  Once we have your written authorization, we will mail you a hardcopy of the form.

Please remember that we are required by law to deliver documents to the mailing address we have on file for you.  Please make sure our records are up to date.  Always notify APERS immediately of any change in your address or phone number.

Arkansas public employees retirement system

Here you will find information based on your role in our system, whether you are an active member, near retirement, a retired member or an APERS particpating employer.